About the Summit
A Global Perspective on the Short and Long-Term Markets for Waste to Energy & Resources
The 9th World Waste to Energy & Resources Summit will maintain its well-recognised commercial focus on forging new partnerships, driving forward industry projects, showcasing the latest innovations, introducing new market opportunities and providing updates to policy and finance models.
The 2020 summit will offer a global perspective on the short and long-term markets for energy from waste. The agenda will promote debate on the opportunities and challenges of capitalising on the short term market boom we are seeing globally and look at the longer term ambitions of the sector including its place in the climate change agenda and evaluating which technologies will prove most commercially viable for the future.
Delegates and speakers representing the global market at a senior level will be from leading waste management operators, developers and technology suppliers alongside governments, municipalities and legal and finance partners.
Key themes for 2020:
- Capitalising on the current global market boom: Analysis of the current commercial and policy landscape in the UK, Europe and globally
- The climate change agenda: The role of waste conversion in the circular economy and opportunities for collaboration with the recycling and packaging industries
- Technology and innovation: Evaluating ATT and ACTs, plastics to fuel, CO2 capture, waste to fuel, and high-value chemicals and materials from waste
- Decarbonising the transport sector: Assessing the long-term future for waste as transport fuel
- Rethinking partnership and risk sharing models: Exploring a collaborative approach to project success
- Project finance and investment: Innovative approaches to funding downstream products and more niche technologies and the appetite for a simple bankable project formula
- Regulations: The implications of BREF and the impact of the Dutch incineration tax on the RDF and SRF markets
- International market opportunities: Reports on new energy from waste infrastructure projects in emerging markets
- Success stories: Optimising operational performance and achieving low-emission, small-footprint waste conversion through the use of advanced solutions